Plywood plant "Vlast Truda", JSC, has a rich history lasting more than a century and a half.
In 1858 Stepan Kamendrovsky started handicraft matchmaking.
In 1894, the plant switched to mechanized production of Swedish matches.
In 1897-1901 years, the match factory was fully electrified. As a result of the reorganization, the enterprise has become one of the largest and most advanced in technical equipment in its industry in the Russian Empire.
In 1917, the factory was nationalized and renamed several times.
In 1936, the People's Commissariat of Forestry decided to reconstruct a match factory for the production of glued plywood.
In 1942, the factory fulfills a government order of special skis for the front. During the war years, 29 thousand m3 of plywood were produced as well as many special products for the needs of the front.
In 1954, the furniture production shop was launched at the plant. The shop worked until 1978 and was reconstructed for the production of glued parts.
The plant met its centenary in good financial and economic condition having entered the foreign market for the first time. The company released the first export batches of products in 1961.
In 1970, the production of Interior plywood based on urea resins began.
Thanks to the development of new technologies, the production of Exterior plywood and aircraft plywood began in 1982.
In 1987, the production of fire-retardant plywood for underground railway cars began.
In 1996, the production of fire-retardant plywood for car building was started.
In 2002-2008 — expansion of production, new drying and peeling equipment, new presses, machines were installed.
Today, almost every passenger car built in Russia is made of refractory plywood from our factory. A wide range of products and the use of new technologies allows the plant to be one of the leading exporters of its region. The products of the plywood plant are known in the USA, Italy, Germany, Sweden, England, Estonia, Egypt, Libya and the products are also supplied to the countries of the Asian region.
The number of employees of the plant is about 850 people. There are even whole family dynasties in the team who continue to work at the factory.